Activation code: 3976829-80
In this course the students will
§ acquire a broader vocabulary and improve their command of grammatical structures.
§ strengthen their conversational kills by learning how to communicate in typical day-life
§ do a variety of readings and writing activities during each chapter.
§ read short stories written by Spanish and Latin American authors. The teacher will use the target language when discussing the stories read in class.
- 3-ring binder with dividers
- Loose-leaf paper
- Blue or black ink pens
* Textbooks and workbooks are provided
**All homework, special projects and handouts will be posted
Textbook must be covered. If not covered in five days, student will not be allowed to take book home until s/he brings a book cover.
Grades will be based on homework, vocabulary quizzes, grammar and/or culture tests, and special projects.
- Homework 20%
- Special Projects (one every quarter) 15%
- Quizzes 25%
- Test 40%
Homework not handed in on the due date will get “0” points. If a student is absent, he/she is still responsible for all work missed.
Special Projects handed in late will carry a penalty of 10% deduction every day that is late.
Cheating of any sort will not be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to copying of homework assignments, Special Projects, talking during a test or quiz, copying another student’s answers during a test or quiz, “cheating sheets”.
**Please refer to the Parent/Student Handbook for the school policy and the Bethlehem Catholic High School Honor Code**
Behavior Expectations: (First offense: Warning. Second offense: Write-up)
· Upon entering the classroom students are expected to go directly to their assigned seats and wait quietly for the teacher to start class.
· No gum chewing, eating, nor drinking will be allowed in the classroom.
· Students must bring all required materials for class. Students will not be allowed to go to their lockers during class.
· Student Handbook policies will be strictly enforced. Teacher Assistance: Mrs. León is available before and after school upon request. Please make appointments at least a day in advance.