1. The Squires is designed to develop young men as leaders who understand their Catholic religion, who have a strong commitment to the Church and who are ready, willing and capable of patterning their lives after the Youth Christ. Why are developing leadership skills important? Leadership is the most sought after student qualification.
2. A Squires Circle is run by and for young men, under the guidance of several Knights, who serve as counselors. Squires are given the opportunity to lead, by running their own meetings, investing their own members, setting their circle's agenda and implementing their program of activities.
3. Squires have fun. They meet new friends; they travel and socialize. Squires are serious-minded, too. Squires are involved in promoting vocations, marching in defense of unborn life, feeding the hungry, clothing the poor, supporting Special Olympics and promoting Catholic education, among countless other activities. Thus, the Squires circle is a youth group, a social club, civic improvement association, a management training course, and a spiritual development program all rolled into one.
4. The Squires is open to all Catholic young men, up to 18 years old.
5. The Squires Circle meets once a month on designated Fridays in lab 226 at 7:45 AM. For more information about the Squires program at Bethlehem Catholic, please contact Mr. Robert Gowell at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Karen Fitzpatrick at email@example.com.
Additional information about the Squires program found on the Knights of Columbus website:
The monthly Columbian Squires Newsletter can be accessed at: http://www.kofc.org/un/en/publications/lc/squires/index.html
*The Squires emblem includes a Maltese cross upon which are the letters ”P.” (physical fitness); ”I.” (intellectual development); ”S.” (spiritual growth and the practice of our faith); and ”C" (citizenship and civic life). The large letters ”C.” and ”S.” intertwined with the cross respectively represent Christ and Squires. The ”K.” centered on the cross symbolizes the Knights of Columbus. Esto Dignus, the Squires' motto encircling the emblem, is Latin for ”Be Worthy.”